reconciliation

 
 
I was talking to a very good friend and mentor the other day about reconciliation in the church, among people who've been in ministry together.  She believes it happens about 5% of the time.  Which is probably true.  If it were up to God, it would be more like, oh, 100%.

There are people I want reconciliation with.  I told Jesus on Easter, "even it's a .05 percent chance, I'm believing for it."

Sometimes we don't try to reconcile, because we've lost hope it can happen. We are too proud, too angry.  Too hurt.  We don't think the other person wants it.  We might have to own our part of the falling out.  And change our ways.

And then there is Satan.  He certainly doesn't want it.  He's not creative.  I know what He wants.  He wants me to be covered in shame, alone and dead.

Well I am none of those things.

I'm alive, covered in grace and keep company with Jesus and a lot of his family.    And when I ask him to move mountains, I believe with everything in me he can.  And will.  And does.



Be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus...Endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.  2 Tim. 2: 1, 3

I like this passage from the "Springs in the Valley" devotional:

The post of honor in war is so called because it is attended by difficulties and dangers to which but few are equal; yet generals usually allot these hard services to their favorites and friends, who on their part eagerly take them as tokens of favor and marks of confidence.

Should we not, therefore, account it an honor and a privilege when the Captain of our salvation assigns us a difficult post, since He can and does inspire His soldiers, which no earthly commander can, with wisdom, courage and strength suitable to their situation?

Listen to Ignatius shouting as the lion's teeth tear his flesh, "Now I begin to be a Christian!"

The Christian's badge of honor here, has ever been the Cross.

No church or movement can survive unless it is ready to be crucified.    - Bishop of Winchester



I see a window of opportunity.  I see a window of God's grace.  I see Jesus commanding the winds.