jobs i have known

I was thinking yesterday about all the jobs I've had in Austin since my high school years.  It made me want to make a list, in chronological order, with notes.  Some employment I had for months, years, some for a day.  Austinites, see how many places you remember.  Friends, see if you can guess which ones were short-lived.
  • Babysitter and sous chef for Penny and Thor.  That's all I can say about that.
  • Northcross Mall Theater, concession stand.  The best.
  • Maybe a pet shop?  It's blurry.  I remember feeding tarantulas.
  • HEB bagger at store off Parmer and Mopac ( do they even call them baggers anymore?!  Hope not.)
  • Gracie's gift shop cashier.  Took naps behind register.
  • Oyster Kracker waitress.  Probably some sexual harassment there.
  • Ruby Tuesday waitress.  I wanted to wear a men's tie, they wanted me to wear a clip-on bow.
  • Marriott hotel hostess.   Mauve polyester uniform.
  • St. David's Hospital x-ray file clerk.  Threw my back out.
  • Various temp jobs at law firms.   Again, it's blurry.
  • Gapkids in Northpark Mall, Dallas. I do remember rebelling and showing up in Calvin Klein.
  • Lace store in Northpark Mall, Dallas.  Bought a lace petticoat to wear under my Laura Ashley dress.
  • U.S. Census Bureau, data collector.   I was pretty detrimental to the whole operation.
  • IRS, late night mail opener.  Steve also worked there and got a higher paying position.  Something about knowing math.
  • Medifax, a medical transcription company, office manager.  Met some great people.
  • Some high-end TV store off Metric Blvd, doing nothing.  Shoot me now.
  • K-EYE TV, promotions.  Loved it, so many memories in a considerably short time.
  • Looonnng sabbatical, much like Claire Dumphries.
  • Imagine Art, a little art studio on the east side for disabled artists.
  • Writing for ABBA, an on-line newsletter.  Not the singing group, unfortunately.
  • Gap at Central Park. Got some nice coats.
  • TSLAC, Talking Book Program.  I love librarians. 
Now for the jobs I held for a day:

Ruby Tuesday waitress and Marriott hostess.  For obvious reasons, see notes.

Now for the places I interned: 
  • Austin American-Statesman, in high school, writing obituaries and neighborhood police beat.
  • KLBJ (AM, not FM). A little of everything, but going through a break-up so spent a good amount of time in the break room eating vending machine snacks.  Not my proudest moment.
So there we have it.  I think I have worked in almost every industry known to man.  Except for oil.  There is still that.  And banking.  That too. 

Good times.