hats!

I am procrastinating while packing for a trip and thought this would be a good time to go through some hats in my closet.  Syd and Ben graciously consented to modeling them, so you, dear reader, could behold their beauty.
 
 
This beauty was a gift, and perfect for a snowy safari, as one can imagine (like Syd is doing in the photo.) It hasn't been on safari, but to Austin Java where the giver of the gift also wore hers.  It caused heads to turn, as one would expect with such rare faux fur.  If you are thinking Doctor Zhivago, you are right on.

 
This is for when I'm feeling it...feeling the burnt orange blood in my veins. 
Okay I don't really have burnt orange running through my blood, but I did go there for a semester as a grad student.  But that's another story for another day. I thought I had lost this hat, but found it in the bottom of a shoe basket filled with smelly sneakers.  I was pretty happy.

 
This hat hails from Scandanavia.  I love it much. It has a fleece lining.
 One of my brothers likened it to an ottoman. It's quite wonderful.

 
This hat makes me as happy as a little girl with it's Peruvian charm and brightly colored rosettes.
 I saw it in a Sundance catalog and fell in love. 
 It also has a fleece lining, making it perfect for the blustery days we have in Austin, all seven of them.

 
I love this hat!  It was a Christmas present this year that I spied in the window of a hat shop on South Congress.  It may be a boy's hat.  But I don't care, it's garnet red hue makes me happy.  Syd may have a matching one in butterscotch.  But he wouldn't want you to know that.

 
Who doesn't want a hat with the Norweigan flag?  Enough said.
 

I got this hat at the Pendleton outlet shop in San Marcos. 
I wore it to The Christmas Affair in Austin and a lady in line next to me said she wanted to take it off my head and run away with it.  Happily for me she did not.  I'm still looking for the black turtleneck maxi dress I imagine wearing it with.
 

 
I realize this is not a hat.  But it's a very special scarf I knit my husband.  While my husband and kids waited in the car, I spent 30 minutes inside of a knitting store in Dana Beach, California buying the yarn for this scarf, and learning how to knit.  It was a little impulsive of me.  But Steve got a great scarf out of it.  Later he told me it was too itchy to wear, so now it's mine.  Oh joy.
 
Thanks for joining me on my hat journey.  I can now get back to packing.