stronger


Deanna and me

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  This is most certainly true.  I've gone through a lot of hell the last few years.  Betrayal.  Heartbreak. Depression. Anxiety.  I'm here to testify that God brought me through it, and while He certainly allowed it, He did not cause it.  Just want to emphasize that.  There is a popular "super sovereignity" theology being taught that would want you to believe God causes evil, presses you into it. 

But I digress...besides prayer, and A LOT of it, one of the ways God has pulled me out of the pit is to surround me with godly, strong women.  Some pictured here.  Some who I have no pictures of.  But you know who you are. Who speak truth to me.  Who make me laugh.  Who cry with me.  Who distract and who may not agree with me on all points, but have the courage to say so.  He gave me lots of godly counsel.  Some of which I paid a lot of money for.  Some of which was free.


Me and Jakes

I have had hard days, days when I was facedown not in worship, but in despair.  Days when the long drive on I-35 made me fantasize about opening the car door and falling out onto the hard pavement.  Did I love Jesus with all I have?  Yes.  Did I know Jesus loved me?  Absolutely.  But it didn't make me exempt from the suffering depression and anxiety bring.  Yet this unfailing love of God did fill me with a hope that does not disappoint.  Romans 5:3-5.  A hope in the midst of suffering, a glimpse of the joy eternal.  The Lord brought us to a church where I feel the love of God everytime I walk in the door.  Because he knew I needed to feel that He loves me, over and over and over. 


Mrs. Stephanie Cherry
I felt compelled to write this today.  For any of you out there suffering and wondering if there is an end.  There is.  God doesn't promise when, and He doesn't promise it will happen this side of heaven.  But I'm here to tell you there is an end.  And the God I know is good, longsuffering, faithful and works good for those who love him.  Romans 8:28.  He values you.  He loves you.  He loves you A LOT.   And I'm so grateful.  


Jenny Rose, Deanna and me

It will get better.  You will make it.  God will never leave you or forsake you.  And He will make you stronger, and it won't kill you.  When you turn to him and give him your life, God will be glorified through you.  And I want him to get ALL the glory.


Don't forget to laugh.