i let it fall, my heart

"I set fire to the rain."  I listen to Adele and I think, I am no writer.  But then, why do I compare myself? Why is it that I lose sight of the gifts God has put in me that make me unique, and I look to gifts others have?  Is it just me?

I am inspired by Adele.  I do not want to feel hopeless when I compare my life to hers.  She is wearing big, fat false lashes.  I am doing laundry.  She is winning Grammys.  I am cleaning the bathroom.  Not that I don't have my moments of glamour.  I've been known to wear a false eyelash or two.  And I've written a jilted lyric. Or two.

But I think we all want our lives to mean something, by that I mean, really impact this world.  For me, it's finding a way for God's glory to come in through me, through my writing, through my believing.  I believe He want us to thrive in, not just survive in, this world until His Kingdom comes.

I'm going to ponder that this week.  What does it mean for me to set fire to the rain?