blenders and all

I've been listening to Louie Giglio's podcasts from Passion City Church.  I especially like his series on the heart.  It has made me weep, and helped me to heal.

The other day I was listening to one on stewarding your money, your time, your life.  Leveraging he calls it.  He mentioned he just bought a blender that costs $400.00.  I'm not sure what the point of telling that had to do with anything, but it got me thinking.

If I go to Passion 2012, I'll probably spend about the same amount as he did on that blender.  I'm debating the cost.  I know God doesn't need me there.  And I know if I go, He'll use my prayers powerfully, because that's what Jesus does.  But I want to be a good steward of our money.

I have a blender.  It makes great smoothies.  It's an Oster we got when we were married almost twenty-two years ago.  It has a crack in the glass and a crack in the base.  I keep waiting for it to stop working or for the motor to start smoking but it just doesn't give out.  I wish Louie could have had one of these from 1989 because they are really superior blenders.  At least that year it was.

What I know about Louie Giglio is that he is a really generous person.  I believe that he gives extravagantly and saves as well, when he says he does.  To whom much is given, much is required. I don't know if that's in the Bible, but I believe it.  I do believe God provides and it all belongs to Him.

By American standards, Steve and I don't have a lot.  We have one car, a house, savings and some money to mess around with.  But that's a lot compared to what most of the world has.  What we do have in abundance is love, comfort, safety, provision.

I may be jealous of Louie's blender, just a little.  I can't imagine buying a blender for that amount of money.  I don't judge him for it though.  We live in different worlds.  And I'm glad he has a blender now that will work for him.  In heaven, we won't need blenders because the idea of smoothies won't compare to eating the fresh fruit whole.  At least that's what I'm thinking.

If you haven't listened to his podcasts, you should take a listen.  The man loves Jesus, and that's enough for me.