Stronger

I had a revelation this morning in my driving around time with Jesus.  I have felt rejected and hurt from a godly person I held in high esteem and in so doing, I also felt rejected and hurt by God.  Ever been there?

I have hopes of restoration for the relationship, but at the same time blame myself for it's falling apart.  That the hurt will be too great if I try for restoration, and it could well be.  Some relationships don't need to be restored, but just laid at the feet of Jesus.

I pray.  I'm leaving the outcome up to God.  And as I do, He speaks to me and tells me He always loves me, always has loved me, has never rejected me, never shamed me, never hurt me.  Even when I shame myself.  Blame myself.

There is love that came for us
Humbled to a sinner's cross
You broke my shame and sinfulness
You rose again victorious

So what do I do with the kind of love only Jesus gives?  I pray it ignites my gifts.  That the hurt soil would not cause them to lie dormant but birth a new kind of flower.  Beautiful, stronger and more resilient.

Faithfulness none can deny
Through the storm and through the fire
There is truth that sets me free
Jesus Christ who lives in me


I look into the eyes of the guy who is handing me a kolache through the window at the Shipley's drive-thru in Kyle.  The bleached blonde tousled hair.  The piercings in his face.  A smile that doesn't quite reach eyes that are vacant.  I pray but say nothing.  I want to be stronger.  To say something. Strong like Jesus.

You are stronger, You are stronger
Sin is broken, You have saved me
It is written, Christ is risen
Jesus You are Lord of all


I talk to my brother who's in prison on Easter.  He is down but saying "Happy Easter" anyway.  He just got moved to a new dorm where breakfast is served at 2:30 a.m. and other inconveniences.  Little things we take for granted, but just serves to remind him he is thought of as the bottom of the barrel when it comes to society.  Thank you Lord there will be end to this for him.  For so many others, it will be their whole earthly life.

No beginning and no end
You're my hope and my defense
You came to seek and save the lost
You paid it all upon the cross


So let Your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher, be lifted higher


So let Your name be lifted higher
Be lifted higher, be lifted higher

lyrics taken from Hillsong's Stronger