diary of a prayer warrior

A few weeks ago our pastor at Hope in the City gave an invitation to members to come up and pray for others who wanted prayer.  The church has a prayer team for this.  But after explaining what would be required, he asked those of us who wanted to pray to raise our hands.  I found myself wanting to.  I raised my hand.  He asked again for us to raise our hands.  I raised my hand a second time.

This was a big thing for me.  I believe God gives us calls that are irrevocable.  I have gone through a season of healing, of hoping, of not knowing if being an intercessor was still something God was calling me to.  But that Sunday confirmed what I already knew in my spirit.  I was desperate to get up there and pray for someone.

I went forward and a teenage girl came up to me and I prayed for her.  Then a college girl.  Then a young woman I know, who prayed for me as well.  My heart was so happy.

I love praying for this generation.  I don't know what it will look like from now on. But I know I love praying.  I'm ready for a new chapter of intercession.  And I don't think it was a coincidence that out of our diverse congregation of all ages I had the privilege of praying for these young women.  Thank you Jesus.

It was the highlight of my week.

So keep at your work, this faith and love rooted in Christ, exactly as I set it out for you.  It's as sound as the day you first heard it from me.  Guard this precious thing placed in your custody by the Holy Spirit who works in us.   2 Timothy 1:13-14 (The Message)