coming to kiss the feet of mercy

This was the amazing sky over where we gathered for Shiloh in Plum Creek as I drove up tonight. Today has been a sad one, an emotional one. I miss my brother. I miss people I used to be in ministry with. Yet at the same time I have peace that I am going down the right path. God is opening doors. Actually they feel more like garden gates, opening up to new gardens and more new paths. There is joy. Bittersweet now, but always joy with Him.

"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known." Isaiah 42:16a

I just finished a story about a high school student at Reagan that I'm excited for you to read, and will give you the link once it publishes on ABBA's website. I'm beginning another story for them on a little girl in Austin who has battled with leukemia. Stories about Jesus coming down, touching lives! I'm so grateful I get to be one of the storytellers in our city.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!" Isaiah 43: 18,19a

Sometimes it's hard to follow God, to leave behind people/places that we love, what is familiar. But God didn't call us to be reigned by our emotions, our own hearts, but by His heart. There are days I want to turn back. There are days like today when what I'm called to do feels too hard. I am burdened. I am sad. I am emotional.

I cried today for my brother. I cried that he will spend Easter inside of a prison. I cried for his kids. I was very sad for the Church today. I know the burden is Christ's to carry. But my heart hurt. There is no way we can carry His heart. I cry at His feet, knowing He is the only hope.

Tonight as we worshipped during Shiloh, I was so thankful for the truth in the words of this song.

"At the foot of the cross

Where grace and suffering meet

You have shown me your love

Through the judgement you received

And you've won my heart

Yes you've won my heart

Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty

And wear forgiveness like a crown

Coming to kiss the feet of mercy

I lay every burden down"

lyrics from At the Foot of the Cross, Tammy Trent