dearly loved

"It's hell with Jesus in the center," he said.

"We will heal from this, that's what God does, He heals," she said.

I'm in the waiting room of said hell, and there is a watchman with kind eyes who asks who I am. When I tell him, he looks at me with compassion and I have to look away, because kindness in this place brings tears that don't want to stop.

All around us are lifeless eyes, tired eyes, much too young to be here eyes.

And we are laughing, life giving and crying in the center of this place.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I don't know how to do this. But you do.

Conversations are cut off in the middle. Things are left unsaid. People are left behind. They are so tired. So trying. Sleep is a thought, an idea. Hope wants to leave.

In You, O LORD, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.
Psalm 31 vs. 1,2


And the only certainty is uncertainty of what's next.

But I know this. Jesus is faithful, Jesus is true. He is the Master-built Rocket of Hope when everyone else is still checking their design of how to get there. He is the Massive Conqueror in War while everyone else is still figuring out the battle plan. He is the Beautiful Shepherd holding safely the one sheep while we are out searching the woods. He is so ahead of us, and so behind us. He's laughing at the things we only find funny, and when we cry He's on the floor with us, whispering that we're dearly loved. He's the quietest One in the quiet and the only One who can stop the storm.

Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints!
For the LORD preserves the faithful,
And fully repays the proud person.
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31, vs. 23,24