He is for me

It's been a hard couple of weeks.  Tonight my boys are supposed to go to World Mandate with their youth group.  Francis Chan, or "Fancy Chan" as he is known in this household, is speaking there.  I prayed with everything in me they could go, because I know the oppression facing it.  And it's not happening unless God does a miracle in the next 6 hours.  My husband is ill and both my boys woke up with the same sickness this morning.

I have strained friendships with people I care dearly about.  One of my best friends who prays so faithfully for me is going through one of the hardest times of her life.  Depression is knocking at the door of my soul.  My workplace is devoid of God and I feel it every single day.  To talk about God is considered religious harassment.  But I pray my light shines in the darkness, that my actions are stronger and more filled with love than anything any words could impart.

I feel abandoned.  Like my prayers hold no strength.  Like Jesus has turned his face from me. 

Even in this, I know there is still fight in me.   Because the Spirit of the Living God lives in me.  That there is a greater plan I cannot see.  And that Jesus loves me, He is for me.  Maybe you need to hear this today as well.

The LORD thundered from heaven,
And the Most High uttered His voice,
Hailstones and coals of fire.
He sent out His arrows and scattered the foe.

Because I don't fight against man, but against the things unseen.  My small group at our church is going through a study on prayer created by one of the most powerful, glorious churches on the planet, Holy Trinity Brompton in London.  It's called the Prayer Course.  It's powerful.  It's anointed by the Lord.   If you know me, you know I don't use the word anointed lightly.  You can find it online.  It's free.

They confronted me in the day of my calamity
But the LORD was my support.

The women of my church are having a retreat on the friendships of women this weekend, using some resources created by my aunt Dee Brestin.  I believe it's going to bring wisdom and healing this weekend.  I have a missionary friend coming and I'm believing the Lord will impart something for her to take with her.

For by You I can run against a troop.
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

I am heart broken, as so many are, over the beheadings taking place.  I am brought to my knees, on my face, over the killing of my friend Ronnie last year.  I'm begging God to move.  I believe with everything in me the plans for Ronnie's son Hosea, for his widow are far more than we can know right now or conceive. 

For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.

He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Therefore I will give thanks to You
O LORD, among the Gentiles,
And sing praises to Your name.

Great deliverance He gives to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed.
To David and his descendants
forevermore.

-taken from Psalm 18, NKJV

There are several songs I'm singing and praying this morning.  I made a playlist called war, you might like them too:

Love is War, Hillsong United
Mercy Mercy, Hillsong United
Healing is in Your Hands, Christy Nockels
Jesus Loves Me, Chris Tomlin
Let Your Mercy Rain, Chris Tomlin
I Am, Crowder
Ain't No Grave, Crowder
How I Love You, Christy Nockels

I pray you know God's love today as well.  He is for you.