meanwhile in the world of Steve...

Steve is one of the funniest people I know.  My brother Andy recently remarked that Steve likes to laugh at his own jokes.  This is true.

Right now though he's doing something serious as he takes on an intensive upholstery class.  His instructors used to teach it as a semester class at Austin Community College - now they cram it into a month of Mondays and Wednesday evenings in their Austin Upholstery Studio.

I have this idea that he and I can fix up chairs and other furniture for the poorer population of Kyle.  He can do the work and I can do the designs.  So, pretty much how we do life.

It may be far down the road...but in the meantime Steve will continue to tackle this beast of an old Bassett recliner, also known as Lucy. He has kept her in the garage for 6 years for such a time as this.

I picked out a durable material in a flax linen finish. 

He just has to learn how to sew and a number of other talents this month.

I'll keep you informed as these progress.