a drawer revealed, pt. 2

About 4 years ago, I did a post about the contents of Steve's top dresser drawer. It's pretty funny.  You should go back and read it.  Below is Steve's dresser, which belonged to my grandfather Syd.  Someday Syd Smith will have it. Whenever I'm lonely, or really just bored and home alone, I like to look in this drawer for clues about the man I've been married to for almost 29 years.  




Because I like sequels, I bring to you:

a dresser drawer revealed, pt. 2



Holy kittens, Batman!! What is going on?! This Catwoman is a cast-off of Ben's, and his dad couldn't stand to see her thrown out, so she has been in his top drawer since Ben was 7. 10 long, lonely years.  I emancipated her, and she is one angry kitty!


Steve has a lot of locks and keys. Do they belong to anything?  Were some bought to be used at the gym and were found to be the wrong size?  Is one of them a key to a secret apartment he has?  I think one set is to our fire box, which is downstairs.  So...if there is a fire and we are upstairs, do we jump out of the bedroom window Jack Pearson style with our keys, then go back in to open the fire box on the first floor? No. NO one will be going back in to my house and dying of smoke inhalation.


Last Saturday when Ben won a medal at UIL, Steve told him that he still had my UIL medal from high school when the Lanier newspaper won state. "No," I said, "you don't."  
"Yes," he said, "you were going to throw it out and I kept it! I saved it!"
 "Show me!" I said.  This is what he presents. This is in fact not a medal from UIL.


Hey! It's my college student ID from 1987.  Stalk much?  But I do want to point out there is no bar code or magnetic strip on this ID. Very easy to replicate. I could probably still use it. This is also when I was cutting and bleaching my own hair.  Hey, it was the 80's! Everyone just chill out and put some KajaGooGoo on.


Steve Smith I barely knew thee.



This is actually on the top of his dresser. I bought this Kiehl's original musk for Steve in I'm guessing 2007, when we moved into this house. Maybe earlier. It's hard to tell in this picture, but he has used about 1/5th of it.  It now smells like air.  But it is comforting to me that he still pretends to use it.

I hope you have enjoyed our time together, searching Steve's drawer.  Come back in four more years, and we can take a look in his old wallets!

with love.