it's easy as abc

Steve has a melodious harp alarm that wakes us up every morning at 5:30 a.m.  It's supposed to be gentle but I still feel like all hell is about to break loose when I hear it.  I go downstairs and drink my coffee as soon as it hits the pot.  I like it dark in the morning, like my heart. 

I drink the coffee, and there is mercy.  I am like Bambi finding his legs for the first time, rising from the forest floor.   I turn on the TV and laugh with Bryan, Yvonne and Alfred on KVUE.  You know who is funny?  Bryan.

Steve and I leave at the same time every morning.  Now we are coming to why I even am writing this post in the first place.  I bet you are wondering what I listen to as I commute to Austin, a good 60 minute drive for me.

It used to be Christian radio, until I almost fell asleep, at least twice. I once had a woman pull up next to me and sign with her hands that I was weaving.  Maybe she thought I was drinking.  Nope, only listening to "I can only imagine" for the 10,000 time of my life.

I use my Bluetooth to go through my music.  I like just going through alphabetically, skipping over and making some choice choices.

Here's what I listened to this morning:

Air I breathe - Mat Kearney
All I do is win - DJ Khaled
All in it - Justin Bieber
Awake my soul - Chris Tomlin
Backseat driver - tobyMac
Christ be all around me - Leeland
Come home running - Chris Tomlin
Freedom for my people - from Rattle and Hum
Get rhythm - Johnny Cash
Good good Father - Chris Tomlin
Gracious Redeemer - Austin Stone Worship
Harder to breathe - Maroon 5

Among others, I did skip over Against All Odds and Danger Zone...these must be songs I downloaded to try to help explain 80's movies to my children.

Lately on my afternoon drive home, I've been listening to "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks.  I like this book.  One of the characters, the grandfather, thinks his wife has turned into a swan at the pond he visits daily at his retirement community.  I like to think about how I would handle that, if my own father were to become delusional like that.  I think I might just go with it.

I am slightly confused by this audio book, as the narrators sound African American and I'm not sure Nicholas Sparks writes anything but books for white folks.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Maybe it's a Carolina accent they are trying to do?  Anyway, I like it.  I'm hoping there is a big rain scene at the end with kissing, like all of his movies.

Once I am home, I get to spend a bit of quiet. My heart is more gold-colored by this time of day. Soon my people will be home...I will feed them, hear about their days, and then we will all drift off into our separate worlds, once in a while re-connecting.  All in the forest together, facing the joy and the storm together.  Love is here.  And as Bambi has said, "Love is a song that never ends."